How to Look Boujee on a Budget

How to Look Boujee on a Budget

Looking stylish doesn’t require you to have a trust fund. You can cultivate your own unique fashion sense and look amazing without breaking the bank. Many people on social media look their best selves without wearing even a single brand. Here are a few tips to elevate your look and rock a boujee vibe on a budget:

Embrace Monochromes:

Monochrome looks are all the rage at the moment and since forever. Monochromatic outfits have been trending since the early years and they never seem to go out of fashion. Wearing one colour from head to toe, with different shades and textures, creates a polished and expensive-looking outfit. Think all-black elegant outfits or head-turning beige suits, looks tempting, right?

Accessorise Like a Pro:

The right amount and choice of accessories can elevate any outfit. Adding a statement necklace and layering some trendy rings or maybe throwing on a pair of statement earrings can be cherry on the top to your look. Remember, a touch of gold jewellery can go a long way!

Makeup Magic:

There is no need to get high-end makeup to look your best self and achieve that flawless look. Here are some budget-friendly tips that you can use:

  • Prep is Key: A moisturised and smooth canvas makes foundation look expensive.
  • Tools Matter: Invest in some basic makeup brushes for a flawless application.
  • Dewy Glow: Matte foundation can leave your skin looking cakey. You can skip that part and opt for a rather dewy finish for a natural radiance.

Color Coordination is Your BFF:

Keep a handy colour guide with you as it can be a game-changer. Knowing which all colours complement each other will eliminate the risk of outfit mishaps and ensure a put-together look.

Tailoring Makes a Difference:

Clothes that fit perfectly give off a different style altogether. Consider getting your favourite fits tailored for a custom fit, especially if you have thrifted the fit.

The 70/30 Rule:

Build a wardrobe that revolves around your needs. The 70/30 rule suggests having 70% classic staples such as a white tee, jeans, etc. and the other 30% of trendy pieces. This will allow you to mix and match and experiment with different styles so that you stay on-trend without a constant wardrobe overhaul.

Self-Care is Essential:

Looking your best goes beyond clothes. Maintain good hygiene, take care of your skin and hair, and keep your nails neat and clean. Confidence is the ultimate accessory and without you looking fresh and hygienic, that goes down the drain.

Ditch the Logo Mania:

Skip the clothes that are overloaded with brand names as true style transcends all brands. Look for high-quality pieces that are simple yet sophisticated. Keep timeless elegance in your mind over flashy labels.

Confidence is Key:

Own your look! When you believe you look good, you project an air of confidence that's truly captivating. Walk with confidence wherever you go no matter what you are wearing.

Shop Smart:

Hit the sales racks, browse trendy sections of stores, and explore online retailers and small businesses for affordable finds. Look to celebrities for inspiration and recreate their looks on a budget.

Don't be afraid to experiment with your clothes! Develop your personal style and have fun with fashion.

By incorporating these tips, you can look and feel your most stylish and confident self without spending a fortune. Remember, fashion is about expressing yourself, so set your inner fashionista free and rock a look you love!

    You have successfully subscribed!
    This email has been registered